Hooray! We’re touring Taiwan again – very soon!
Where will we go? What shall we do this time in Taipei and beyond, in the island of Taiwan?
It has been 2 years, since my wife and I last visited Taipei! Once again, what inspiration and memories will I draw from Taiwan I’m blogging so passionately about?
Taiwan pre-tour preparation tips!
The plane tickets to Taiwan are booked.
Then, more planning. Before final preparation as the tour nears. Through this necessary (and joyful!) process from now till the tour 2 months ahead, I have much travel thoughts and tips to share with you.
Come along, fellow fans of Taiwan travel escape!
Taiwan year-end trip details please?
What: 8 days free and easy tour of Taipei and farther Taiwan.
When: 8 days (1 weekend) in mid November 2008.
Who: My wife, myself, and 2 “early-teen” nephews aged 13 and 16.
Where: To Taipei, Taiwan (from Singapore), and back.
Why this Taiwan tour:
1. A vacation break for my wife.
2. A treat for “good progress” in my nephew’s year-end school exam results.
3. A trip to enrich my experiences in Taiwan to share with you in TaipeiDreams. A working trip!
4. A vacation break for myself, hopefully. Phew! ;-)
Some Taiwan trip ideas.. Where to go, what to do?
1. To enjoy Taiwan cool weather. Erratic fluctuating cold? That’s expected. Rain? We’ll manage.. But no blazing sun please – we have lots of that in Singapore!
2. To enjoy Taiwan fruit farm or flower farm.
3. To enjoy Taipei scenic spots. Revisit some. See a list of places we’ve been to?
4. To visit LeoFoo Village and/ or Window on China theme parks.
5. No famed Taroke Gorge. No HuaLien. Saving these “scenic beauties” for our next trip.
6. To dine in buffet. hotpot. cafe, in Taipei and wherever. This time we have “eating buddies”: not 1 but 2 growing boys with voracious appetites!
7. To eat in, shop and experience most (if not all of) Taipei night markets.
8. To do a “mini-tour-in-tour” with Taiwan’s classic railway.
These are very basic ideas but confirmed ones (more or less actually). Then once ideas are firm, we will then place them into some sort of itinerary..
What Taiwan fun tip do you have for us?
Do us a favour, dear Taiwan traveler?
If you’ve been to Taipei, Taiwan before, what’s something you have experienced?
Something you’ll be excited to suggest that we do in our November trip?
Which place has charmed you deeply?
What’s something fun you discovered, and maybe we can try it out for ourselves?
Any food that’s a must-try?
Even if you’ve yet to visit Taiwan, is there something you’re curious to try? A place, food or activity? What’s that?
Care to share? Help make our trip memorable.
Let’s see your ideas here below, thanks alot! :-)