What is your budget for traveling Taipei, Taiwan?
Working and sweating over your travel dollars and cents?
Do you know what travel items to include and what other expenses your Taiwan trip may need?
Like a look: How much in what areas had we spent in our Taipei travels?
In fun quick estimates, get ideas now to help you in planning your Taipei travel budget:
Here – Taipei Travel Budget Part 1: Our Pre-Tour Expenses!
New! – Taipei Travel Budget Part 2: Our In-Tour Expenses!
Taipei travel details:
Travel: Singapore to Taipei, and return.
Travelers: My wife and I, and 2 nephews aged 13 and 15.
Trip: 8 days in Taipei.
Travel dates: 8 days in November 2008.
Travel expenses – before – our Taipei tour
In Singapore dollars..
Get ideas for creating what and how much you’ll spend for your Taipei, Taiwan trip, in the home currency you use:
1. Air tickets flying with budget airline Jetstar.
S$515 X 4 adults. Total: S$2060.
2. Winterwear jackets 4 sets.
3. Tees; can’t remember how many pieces.
4. Lady comfy walking shoes for wife; 1 pair and socks.
5. Luggage 20 inches trolley cases 2 sets.
7. Medicines for travel from family clinic. See medicine we travel with.
8. 2 more high-capacity memory sticks for Sony digital camera.
9. More fun stuff we travel Taipei with. See a part of cool travel items here.
10. Extra cash in Singapore dollar. To buy TWD in Taipei if really needed.
Note: We also travel Taipei with a credit card for absolute urgent needs, thus holding only a small amount of foreign (Singapore dollar) currency while in Taipei.
11. Loose cash in Singapore dollar. For use at Singapore airport, in-flight meals, taxi fare home and etc..
6 pieces of S$10 notes. Total: S$60.
Gift for Taiwan friends:
12. 4 Gift sets for Taiwanese contacts.
Be back here this week for Part 2: What we spent during our Taipei tour!