Stay happy and strong in your Taiwan travel!
How does one tour Taiwan, much less enjoy oneself – when one is not feeling too well?
Strangely, we tend to take extra good care of our health during our travels, don’t we? For the short period of time where we need to be in good form, so that we may enjoy our tour itinerary to the fullest.
My wife has low immunity and is susceptible to catching flu symptoms in cold weather. On the other hand, I travel with a digestive system sensitive to over-stimulative, oily, hard-to-digest and even unfamiliar foods..
Here is the list of medical items we are bringing to tour Taiwan in wintry cool November!
1. Po Chai pills. Chinese herbal pills for diarrhea and other digestion ailments.
2. Loperamide capsules, for stopping diarrhea.
3. Magnesium tablets, for gastritis, indigestion.
4. Cimetidine tablets, for reducing stomach acidity.
5. Paracetamol tablets, for pain and fever relief.
6. Medicated oil (Asian metholated oil) in mini bottle, for pain and aches, insect bites, nausea..
Lotions & creams
7. Moisturizing eye drops, 1 small bottle.
8. Lip moisturizing balm, 2 sticks.
9. Mentolated cream 1 tube, for relieving rash, itch, skin irritations and pain relief..
10. Not shown in photo: Antifungal cream (mainly for feet) 1 small tube.
11. Not shown: Moisturizing skin cream 1 small tube.
For special needs
12. Prenisolone, medical steroid for reducing allergic reactions, rashes, inflammation.
13. Beathorphan tablets, convenient pill medicine for managing cough.
14. Paracetamol with pseudoephredrine tablets, for managing cold and flu symptoms.
15. 2 types of health supplements:
Slow release high quality Vitamin C, for its anti-oxidant and vitality-boosting effect. Powerful against colds too!
Gingko forte, aiding circulation and brain functions to stay alert and energetic.
Update: Health supplements for travel are now: Probiotics and Vitamin C.
16. Waterproof handy plasters.
17. Anti-mosquito skin patch pack.
18. Our ultra-portable medical kit. Small portions of medicine for carry in day trip bag.
Travel Taiwan in healthy vitality!
Be careful and seek competent medical help, when self-medicating.
We sought advice and bought medicines from our family doctor as part of pre-travel preparation. Do you think this medical list is well-stocked for general traveling and for our needs?
What will be in your travel medical list?